Hello everyone, Great to be part of this forum for this machine, already thinking about how I can redesign the squeeze without even winding yet.
I have been having extensive trouble and been trying to get my 4-axis X-winder up and working over the past few days, I have several issues been using windows 8 with the current x-winder software 4.15.
1. When approaching the end of a run (group) when the delivery head is at the end of the mandrel; the whole thing freezes and the mandrel just turns over and over for eternity.
Lowering the speed seemed to help earlier although on my last test this happened within 3mins on 'slow' speed.
This is a photo of the last G-code read
2. When doing hoop windings the delivery metal roller is positioned vertical!! not horizontal.
Looking at the assembly diagrams the home position of the DH angular axis appears to position the delivery metal roller at the horizontal when in reality it is 45degrees.
3. When doing the hoop windings (‘slow’ speed) the carriage went out to 1.5m when the part was under a meter. I had to stop it before it reached the end of the axis.
4. The executor program’s real time mandrel angle read out does not agree with the rotation of the actual mandrel; I manually set the mandrel gear ratio and tried the default one as well – no luck.
5. When I click on the polar filament map in the designer I get this? Its not symmetric.
I'll add some more photos soon
This is taking so much time and I don’t know how to sought it out, can anyone help?